Thursday, September 25, 2008

Time of My Life by Allison Winn Scotch


Jillian is a stay-at-home mom who lives with her husband, Henry, and 18-month-old daughter, Katie, in the suburbs. Her marriage is floundering and she is shocked to discover that, upon waking one morning, she's stuck seven years in the past. At the time, she was living with her boyfriend, Jackson, in New York City and had a successful job in advertising. Now, back in the past and knowing how things will turn out, will she break-up with Jackson so she can fall in love with Henry or does she tweak her relationship with Jackson to make it continue? Jillian also has the chance to reconcile with her mother (which she refused to do years ago) and possibly help a friend, Megan, stay alive. In Time of My Life, the pages fly by as the reader follows Jillian on her re-journey. Jillian's hindsight/foresight makes the story fascinating reading. It reminded me of Sophie Kinsella's Remember Me?, abeit more serious.

1 comment:

S. Krishna said...

I'm glad you liked this one! I have it sitting on my TBR pile!