Monday, January 2, 2012

My Favorite Books of 2011

Two thrillers, a couple of mysteries, and a novel about a woman reflecting on her life make up my favorite reads of 2011. My list reflects that I read more mysteries and thrillers than any other genre this past year.

In alphabetical order by author:

Now You See Me by S.J. Bolton

What a series debut! An in-depth police procedural with lots of twists and turns.

Back of Beyond by C.J. Box

The setting of Yellowstone and characters you care about make the book unputdownable.

Trespasser by Paul Doiron

The combination of an interesting puzzle, a main character who is growing with each book, and a well-developed sense of place make this second book of the series a favorite.

Emily, Alone by Stewart O'Nan

A realistic, quiet novel encompassing the thoughts and feelings of a Pittsburgh widow.

The Informationist by Taylor Stevens

An exotic locale with a tough-as-nails heroine make this my favorite thriller of last year.

No comments: