Saturday, January 30, 2021

My Favorite Books of 2020

Albeit late, here are the five novels I enjoyed most last year.

In alphabetical order, by author:

Leave the World Behind by Rumaan Alam

Author Alam gave the reader a lot to think about in this tightly-packed story.

The Exiles by Christina Baker Kline

This book about a female convict ship travelling from England to Tasmania was my favorite historical novel of 2020.

Oona Out of Order by Margarita Montimore

I loved the time-jumping premise in this clever novel.

Lake Life by David James Poissant

Poissant's characters stayed with me long after I finished this book.

The Distant Dead by Heather Young

Young's novel which has been nominated for an Edgar award combined a great sense of place along with an intriguing mystery and interesting characters.

No comments: